|Custom radio development requires knowledge of RF engineering that is unlike any other type of engineering. RF engineering is considered by many companies to be the “Black Magic” portion of electronic design.
This “Black Magic” of RF engineering is a routine part of design at Vanteon. Years of RF engineering experience have led us to be very familiar with managing the risks associated with radio system development.
RF Engineering Expertise:
- Software Defined Radio (SDR) platforms
- Super-heterodyne and direct conversion architectures
- RF system, link budget/margin analysis, cascade analysis
- Duplex and multiple access planning for FDD, TDD, FDMA, TDMA, CDMA, etc.
- Low noise receiver and transmit power amplifier design
- Stripline and microstrip design for varying PCB styles
- RF PCB construction materials
- Filtering using components and etched copper
- Antenna design as external elements and etched copper
- Use of RF tools like spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, vector signal analyzers and RF signal generators
- EMI/EMC and regulatory compliance (like FCC) testing
Contact us to discuss your RF Engineering needs.