vProtean is Vanteon Wireless Solutions’ second Software Defined Radio (SDR) platform based on the Analog Devices ADRV9002 highly integrated wideband RF transceiver and the Xilinx Zynq-7020 Programmable System-on-Chip (SoC).¬† The vProtean SDR has a custom RF front end that is highly flexible, allowing it to be software configured for the full 30 to 6000 MHz frequency range, and 12 kHz to 40 MHz of instantaneous bandwidth.¬† This makes vProtean perfect for signal intelligence and multi-band processing applications.
vProtean, when used in a signal intelligence application, provides a flexible window into the surrounding RF spectrum. With the ever-increasing volume, velocity and variety of today’s signals, a flexible, fully-programmable software defined radio is critical for producing relevant and timely intelligence information, whether the source of the signal are from individuals or electronic sensors.
vProtean’s wideband capabilities and programmable RF front end lends itself beautifully to multi-band processing applications.¬† Why be burdened by the increased cost of multiple radios, when a single vProtean SDR is flexible enough to meet your application needs?¬† Multi-band applications span a large number of industries, including commercial, industrial and environmental applications.
- Xilinx Zynq Family FPGA for high-performance signal processing
- Dual embedded ARM Cortex ‚ÄĒ A9 processor in the Zynq core
- Highly integrated, wide frequency range RF transceiver (ADI ADRV9002)
- Performance enhancing RF Front End (RFFE) to improve on the transceiver FE
- Library of target-agnostic C/C++ software, VHDL firmware, and Matlab/Simulink¬ģ DSP modules providing core functions for radio operations:
- Modulation/demodulation (ASK/AM, FSK/FM, PSK/PM, QAM, OFDM)
- Digital down/up conversion
- Symbol timing recovery/tracking
- Carrier recovery/tracking
- Filters (FIR, IIR, multi-rate, adaptive)
- Automatic gain control
- Channel coding
- Multichannel TX/RX capabilities
- FEC (e.g., convolutional, Reed-Solomon)
- Spread spectrum coding
- Customizable MAC
- Configurable RF front end with 20 dBm of transmit power
- Configurable frequency range from 30 to 6000 MHz
- Configurable instantaneous bandwidth from 12 kHz to 40 MHz
- Low power consumption
- 2 TX and 2 RX operation
- Small footprint (9.0 cm x 4.2 cm)
- USB and Ethernet host interface
- On board 512 Mb Flash
- On board 4 Gb DDR SDRAM
- UART and SPI debug ports
Have an application that requires a modification not listed above? Reach out to us. Vanteon has been offering electronic engineering services for more than 35 years. We have a diverse team of software, firmware, hardware, and RF engineers ready to customize vNassa for your specific application. Vanteon’s IP offerings can be used to jumpstart your customized solution.
Purchase and Implementation Options
Modules provide experienced RF engineers with a quick way to evaluate Vanteon’s vProtean SDR. Contact Vanteon for a quote on a vProtean evaluation module or kit. Lead times apply to these purchases.
Vanteon offers a variety of flexible options for licensing the vProtean platform. Pricing is based on how much of the vProtean design is utilized in your project. In addition, when bundled with Vanteon’s engineering services, significant cost savings can be realized. Our contracts team can work with you to structure an affordable solution whether it is a one-time upfront fee, annual licensing arrangements, or royalty-based agreements.
Vanteon can work with you to provide low to mid-range volumes while you finalize your manufacturing agreements and processes. Our project managers can introduce you to our contract manufacturing partners. These trusted partners have worked with Vanteon for several years often on dozens of projects.