Capturing information from a wide range of diagnostic medical devices is becoming increasingly necessary to meet the demands of modern medicine. Our client needed to connect multiple medical devices, using several different generations of communications protocols, to a common server platform.
The solution was to develop a robust communications layer for FireWire bus communications compatible with 32-bit and 64-bit Windows and Linux server platforms. Quality and regulatory processes in use by the client were adopted by the Vanteon team for conformance to FDA requirements. Delivering innovative solutions along with complete project documentation and design reviews is standard practice at Vanteon.
- Requirements definition
- Design / Development (VxWorks)
- Custom Driver Development (VxWorks)
- Formal documentation development with traceability
- Communications layer development
- Functional and System Level QA testing
- FireWire high-speed serial bus
- Asynchronous and Isochronous modes
- Linux (32 & 64bit), Windows 7,8 & 10
- Windows 7 KMDF Driver (32 & 64 bit)